* Post 3 links to exemplar transdisciplinary collectives/labs/companies. Write one sentence explaining what is unique about each linked entity.
- The Biomolecular Materials Group at MIT – Research is being done to “grow” batteries using the latest developments in biomolecular materials.
- Quantum Computing – The next paradigm of computing will soon be upon us, especially once we can no longer shrink transistors due to the limitations of physics.
- Augmented Reality Development – This company combines optics research along with AR research to deliver an AR product that uses both contacts and glasses.
* Post 3 links to exemplar transdisciplinary projects. Write one sentence explaining what is unique about each linked entity.
- IBM SyNAPSE Chip – This chip combines the analytical power of modern processors with the efficiency and sensory power of the human brain to take us to the next step.
- Flying Machine Arena – Algorithms that are completely aware of the physical limitations and power of a drone (or drones) help them complete amazing stunts.
- Molecular Programming – Computers are not only being made out of wires and transistors; molecular devices are an up and coming computational medium.