* Post 3 links to exemplar trans-disciplinary collectives/labs/companies. Write one sentence explaining what is unique about each linked entity.
- Bionic Eye Technologies, Inc.
- This company has projects such as the Bionic eye to help visually impaired patients, bridging the two disciplines of medical sciences and engineering.
- Endolite is a company under Blatchford, Inc. which specializes in prosthetic. They help amputees get back to living life normally.
- 3D Interaction Group
- Virginia Tech’s very own HCI lab, 3D interaction group, specializes in virtual reality applications which perform a wide range of tasks.
* Post 3 links to exemplar trans-disciplinary projects. Write one sentence explaining what is unique about each linked entity.
- Here Active Listening
- This project combines two different fields: engineering and medicine, to create an experience for the medically disabled to hear better once again.
- Tattoo Camouflages
- Basma Hameed uses paramedic cosmetic tattooing (bringing art and cosmetic surgery to help a cause) to help burn victims, such as herself, conceal their scars with permanent makeup and scar camouflaging.
- This product and application helps people track their body’s habits and cycles to understand themselves and set a course to reach their fitness goals.